How MicroPure Sterile Gas Filters do it better
The Micropure Segmented design (shown above) offers significant advantages over conventional filter cartridges. Air or gas flows through the filter media into an adjacent segment. Filtered air or gas exits through openings at the center of the cartridge and out the sterile side of the housing.
- Self-sealing PTFE membranes with a 0.1 micron retention efficiency for air and gas.
- Each Filter Membrane works independently allowing for maximum filtering capability.
- A stainless steel tension rod and parts that provides continued support upstream and downstream of the filter membrane.
- The design of Micropure Segmented Filters has been subjected to extensive testing in
- Europe and the United States.
- The required segmented element length and diameter are determined by your application giving each application an individualized fit.
- Unlike conventional cartridge filters, Micropure's Segmented filters can handle bi-directional flow.
- Filters allow higher flow rates than conventional filters while maintaining submicron bacterial efficiency.**
- High Temperature Tolerance
- Stainless Steel segmented discs, which will out last the conventional cartridge style filters.
- Since each membrane acts independently, Increasing flow rate or pressure can be achieved by simply adding more membranes/segmented element discs.
- You only Replace the media discs. The element stays in the filter for its entire life.
- Cost of Ownership is significantly less than competitors.
- Sterile Gas Mini Filter Series available
- MicroPure filters can be steam sterilized "in-situ" or in place up to 150 times with no loss of filtering effectiveness as validated by an internationally recognized food laboratory.
- Micropure filters can Also be sterilized using autoclave, hydrogen peroxide, steam or a variety of sanitizing agents.*
- Membrane Replacement is Simple and Easy.
- Simple, on-site visual inspection of individual filter membrane
- Membranes are easily removable for laboratory analysis or culture.
No other filter offers this combination of features:
- Perforated Stainless Steel Modular Segments
- Allows for bi-directional flow
- Clean-in-place with steam (150 times) or common sanitizing agent*
- Durable Materials of Construction—Stainless Steel and PTFE
- Broad range of chemical compatibility
- Autoclavable, high temperature tolerance
- Low extractable levels
- Unique Flat, Double Layer Membrane Design
- Low replacement cost compared to conventional cartridge
- Simple, on-site visual inspection or “plating” or individual filter membrane;
easily removable for laboratory analysis or culture.
*Check for chemical compatibility of PTFE prior to selecting a sanitizing agent.
**Reference laboratory report RP5268-challenge organism
bacillus Stearothermophilus at a concentration of 1 x 105 spores/ml.